Question
Posted by: Hercules | 2009-11-19

Asthma

Goed morning,
I am a 26 year ald male in good shape. I train twise a day and up tp 20 hours a week. I am in training for my second Iron Man next year. I do take part in half marathons and short cycling races often.
I am a non drinker and smoker, maby on wisky or cigar with friends once a month.
So here is my problem and question.
On sunday I took part in the 94.7 Cycle challange. At every single uphill my chest would close up completely. Not over a period of time, but within seconds. I would slow down and stay calm and it would stay like that for about 30 -60 seconds and then open again.
This is very strange and only the second time it happend in the last month. I am not use to it, should I get it checked out or is this something that just happend once?
After the race I struggled to fill my lunges with are, I could not breath in deaply.
The next day I was fine again. This did not even happen to me on my 12 hour race on the Iron man.
Hope you can help!!
Hercules

Hallo Hercules
I think you should just go for a lungfunction test to exclude exercise induced asthma. (usually a pulmonologist will be able to do this)

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-19

Hallo Hercules

Reply to cyberdoc