Question
Posted by: T | 2010/01/13

Assitance

I am 7 weeks pregnant. So far i have not enjoyed my pregnancy at all. From the day i found out i had been cramping, which turned out to be bladder infection. That was sorted then i got flu and am still struggling with a horrible postnasal drip which is making me permanently naseous. I have been constipated for the past 3 weeks. Is there anything i can take for the constipation? I have tried prunes, but now the taste just makes me want to get sick! Please help - i am desperate at the moment!

Hallo T
You can take Lactulose 10-15 ml at night long term while pregnant. It won't have any side effects and even though it tastes sweet, won't cause weight gain as it is a type of sugar that is not absorbed, it pulls water into the bowel, softening the stool.
Are you taking a vitamin supplement? Try rinsing your nose with Salt water to get rid of the post nasal drip ( 1/2 teaspoon salt in 1 cup water - sniff up and blow out)

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/13

Hallo T

Reply to cyberdoc