Posted by: Desperate to be mom | 2012-04-26

Assisted Conception : Costs

Can anyone tell me the costs for
Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
Artificial Insemination
Been TTC for four years and no success, recently was convinced I was preg then flipping period came and I am so devastated by the constant failure although medically there " is no reason" ... so now I have to look at other options before I am too old to be a mom... I am 35 now.

Dear Desperate to be mom

The cost of IVF and ICSI is variable and it depends on many factors. Different clinics have different pricing structures and also depend on the dosage of medication given and duration of medication. The costs will vary between R30 000 – R50 000.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Bee Sting | 2012-04-30

Hi Tasha,

Are you also trying to conceive without success? :(

Pretoria East Fertility Clinic, Garsfontein. Dr. Trouw.

Tel:(012) 998-8854

Please ensure that you call soonest as you wait +/- 3 months for a consultation.

Good luck :)

PS: please join us on the Infertility Forum for support and just to chat with ladies in the same postition.

Reply to Bee Sting
Posted by: tasha | 2012-04-30

can you tell me where in pretoria is it R20 000 for ivf which doctor

Reply to tasha
Posted by: Bee Sting | 2012-04-28

Hi there Desperate to be a mom,

I am also desperate, frustrated, angry and sad! Especially as everyone around me seems to fall pregnant, exept me!

Where are you situated?

I am going to PTA - I got quotes and they are the cheapest,for the same procedures.
ICSI R25000
IVF R20000
IUI R2000

It is such a pity that the medical aid won''t pay for infertility procedures.

Please join us on the Infertility Forum... it is a support group with ladies all in the same boat.

Have you been for all the tests? (blood tests, laparoscopy, semen analysis)?

Reply to Bee Sting