Question
Posted by: Marise | 2009-04-20

Assistance

Hi. i have been struggling with uncontrollably itchy legs. This started after the birth of my baby in May 2008. I have also found a lump like bump on the back of my leg behind my knee. Furthermore, i have a watery mass on my elbow, which hurts every now and again, I also have lump under my arm which i have been treated for, it is not sore or anything, but its still not gone. Is it possible for you to guide what these may be and how I can treat it at home??

Dear Marise
It is difficult to help you with a diagnosis, these lumps could be due to lipomas, or due to bursitis on the elbow and behind the knee. Lipomas need to be surgically removed. Bursitis is treated with anti-inflammatories and sometimes with cortisone or operation,. The itchy legs could be due to bad circulation, an allergy or a skin disorder - a doctor needs to have a look at the skin to determine the cause so that it can be treated correctly.