Question
Posted by: Unathi | 2010-12-13

Assautl

My boyfriend of 8 months physically assaulted me after we had an argument. I got him arrested and opened a case against him. He is out on bail and i need to know whats the heaviest charge he will get because I went to the doctor as proof of the assault and i have a witness who came to the rescue while this was happening. I also got a protection order against him. I would like to know how strong my case is because this guy has a history of abuse and he may do it again if he is not punished. Please advise!

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Unfortunately it is very hard to tell what sentence he will get, but having past convictions for assault and abuse may certainly have an impact on a sentence, that may result jail term, community service order of a heavy suspended sentence.

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2010-12-16

Reply to family law expert