Question
Posted by: coffee fanatic | 2011-05-05

Asprin

hey Doc, whats up ? hope u gud. i stopped drinkin coffee abt a month ago n i had this terrible headaches n i started takin asprin - granpa- everiday. n i havent stopped takin it to this day. i take one sachet everi mornin. n its been a month now. what are the side effects of this ? is it gonna make me sick or sumthn ? hope not. i mean its jst one small sachet a day ? it curbs ma appetite like coffee did.

Dear Coffee Fanatic
From what you say, I gather that you used to drink a lot of coffee and when you stopped a month ago, you then developed severe headaches (probably as a result of caffeine withdrawal symptoms). You then started using Grand-pa headache powders (1 a day) for the headaches, but are now using this medication as an appetite suppressant. Please check on the label of the Grandpa Headache Powders, because I looked up the tablets on the Internet and see that they contain Paracetamol, Aspirin and Caffeine! So you are still getting a caffeine fix once a day. In addition you are taking 2 rather strong pain killers which should not be taken chronically, esp if you don't have any pain. I would suggest that you stop taking pain powders if you do not have headaches and rather obtain your caffeine from 2-3 cups of coffee a day. Research has shown that moderate intakes of coffee are not harmful. Just don't drink excessive quantities of coffee otherwise you will develop caffeine side-effects like insomnia, tremors, irritability, anxiety, etc. Everything in moderation!

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-05-06

Dear Coffee Fanatic