Posted by: Neela | 2011-08-29

Aspirin Allergy

I am a asthmatic and with it I have a high intolerance of aspirin. I am Indian and Indian food has a lot of natural aspirin that wreaks havoc on my sinuses. I have been for two sinus ops and am using a nasal spray everyday however for the past month my nose has been bleeding when I blow it or if I sneeze - it’ s like clot type bleeds - is this a serious problem - my nose also tends to leak water when I bend over? I noticed that my ear is also itchy and gets blocked some days

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Neela

There could be a connection between the status of your nose, your asthma and your sensitivity to aspirin. Your ENT should examine the possibility, and advise you on management. If you have associated polyps, this will always be a problem.
Your current condition needs investigation, and you should see your ENT to exclude a possible infection.