Posted by: Gita | 2009-03-16

Aspirin Allergy

I am allergic to aspirin as a result of my Asthma and not just the tablet form but the natural food form as well. I am told that the indian food has lots of natural aspirin in it. Basically it affects my sinuses really bad that i have had two ops i am currently using nasonex which helps but i find my hair is falling out alot is this because of the allergy or the nasonex?
Is there any effective treatment to combat the allergy i have heard about treatments like having controlled amounts of aspirin to overcome the intollerance?

Dear Gita
No you won't be able to do something to get "used" to the allergy. I don't think Indian food contains willowbark ( natural aspirin), but you may have other food allergies too - if you suspect something specific you can ask your dr to do a food allergy test. Your hair will not fall out from allergies or nasonex - it could be due to stress, chronic illness, low iron levels or thyroid problems