Question
Posted by: Flush | 2011-04-08

Asian Flush

Hi There Doc
Every now and then my face and neck go blotchy when I have alcohol. It doesn''t happen every time I drink only on occassion, also not anything specific I drink. I have read up on the net and seems to be a condition called Asian Flush but the only thing is that I only experience it as I say every now and then not constantly so in your opinion is it the same thing?

If the flushing occures occasionally, it could be proportional to the amount of alcohol you consume. Please evaluate the amount of alcohol that you consume per week. Chronic alcohol use can definately cause liver damage and flushing of the skin and face.