Question
Posted by: Chantz | 2008/07/21

Ashtma

This weekend I had my lungs tested as I am asmatic. I am 24 years old. My reading said that my lung age is 60 years. How bad is this? Can this be fixed and if so, how easy or how difficult will it be?
I know I should have asked my doctor all of this but I was kinda shocked at that stage.

Hi Chantz
In asthmatics, this is usually reversable with proper treatment. It is just an indication that your asthma is out of control at the moment. If you have not been prescribed extra medication ( usually an inhaled steroid and long acting Beta stimulant ) you should ask your doctor to refer you to a lung specialist or pulmonologist.

1
Posted by: Chantz | 2008/07/22

Thanx a mill Dr. Bets :-D

Reply to Chantz