Question
Posted by: LEBO | 2012/09/06

ASHERMANS SYNDROME MULTIPLE M/C

hI,

Is it possible for a fertilised egg to implant on the same spot four times. The reason why I am asking this is because I have just been recently diagnosed with Ashermans Syndrome. I have had an abortion and I have M/Carried 4 times, all early pregnancies except for 1 which lasted 16w. Everything has been ruled out in terms of blood tests. But I have PCOS which I thought was the main cause of my M/C''s but was told by my FS that I am mistaken. So now I am confused. I have not done genetic testing as i understand there is a slim chances that could be main cause for M/C.

Dear Lebo
It is very unlikely that your Ashermans Syndrome is the main cause of your recurrent pregnancy loss as you would have had absence of your menstruation if the Ashermans was severe enough. The possibility of a genetic factor should certainly be considered, although understandably it is a difficult diagnosis to make. It is sometimes valuable to use empirical treatment and you should perhaps consider invitro fertilisation with embryo screening together with other supportive therapy in order to protect the pregnancy from the very onset.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012/09/20

Dear Lebo
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert