Question
Posted by: cecile Nel | 2011/02/23

as varkhond kleintjies kry mut jy die pitbull reun van haar weg vat

My vark hond gaan enige tyd kleintjies kry. Dit pitbull het haar gedek. Mut ek nou die reun van haar weg hou as sy begin kraam. sal reun nie kleintjie op eet nie.

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Oh dear Cecile, my Afrikaans is virtually non existant!The only bit i can understand is that your dog is about to have pups and i think she was covered by your pitboel?? Unfortunately when i came to SA from Scotland, learning Afrikaans was not a prerequisite and i am self taught and not very good! Is there any possibility that you can translate for me? So sorry, Scotty

3
Posted by: Ruby | 2011/03/10

PLease sterilise your animals once she''s had the pups asap. If you aren''t convinced, go to the SPCA and see alllll the sad faces of dogs that have very little chance of finding a home. There''s no reason to breed.
And yes, you probably should take the pups away - the female will usually keep the pups away from the male anyway.

POsta gain though - I don''t think Cybervet goes back to check old posts,

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: Nicole | 2011/02/24

Translation:
My bull terrier is going to have puppies any day now. The pitbull covered her. Must I now keep the pitbull away from the bitch when she goes into labour? Will the male eat the puppies?

No Charge! :)

Reply to Nicole
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/02/23

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert