Posted by: Zinhle | 2009-05-29

ARV' s

I started taking arv' s when I was pregnant, after giving, when the baby was about a month old I got this terrible rash, headaches and sore joints. I consulted my GP who said it was side effects from the treatment and gave me creams for the rash and insisted I don' t stop the arv' s but the rash still got worse. After 3 weeks with no improvement I finally decided to stop using the arv' s, the rash has gone away but it left me with black spots all over my body. I' d like to know if I should restart the treatment or get something else instead of lamzid and nevirapine? Can healthy eating and exercising alone help in my situation as I' m scared getting back on the treatment might give me even worse side effects? My body still itches a lot.

I strongly suggest that you make an appointment with an internal specialist, who will be able to assist you with alternative treatment (alternative ARV's). If you are breast feeding, I strongly suggest that you continue using the ARV's until you have consulted the internal specialist. Exercise and healthy eating will be beneficial but will not treat your condition.