Question
Posted by: Johan | 2010-11-23

Artistry Creme L/X

Doc,

Could you kindly let me know what your opinion is of Artistry Creme Luxury product is, as an anti wrinkle and youthfull skin product?
It evidently uses a " CellEffect"  approach. The Key Ingrediants are Cardiolipin, L-Carnosine, Roxisomes and L-Carnosine.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Johan, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay but I have been in London attending to my clinic.

Even though these ingredients are used in various other topical products (to one extent or another) there are not a large number of studies that definitely prove their effectiveness. However the few studies that have been performed definitely show promise in using these ingredients on the skin. In particular Roxisomes have shown to reduce the free radical damage healing time required by mitochondria (energy cells) within the skin. Cardiolipin is an important lipid within the body and should help to keep the skin supple and moist. My advice is if you can afford it give it a try and let us know what you think.

1
Posted by: Frances | 2010-11-26

I have used the Artistry products for about 12 months and can recommend them as a very good product. However, I have come to the conclusion that unless you have extensive salon treatments e.g. soft laser, dermabrasion, chemical peels, etc. you will not see much difference in your skin. It may feel softer and look more healthy but nothing more than that. Perhaps if you spend R1000''s on a cream it may live up to its promises(?)

Reply to Frances