Posted by: Lila | 2013-01-16

Artificial sweeteners

Good day,
I want to know if using 4 - 8 sweetener tablets/packets per day is too much? I understand there are different opinions on using sweetener and that they can possible cause hypoglyceamia and even weight gain. But I am on a healthy balanced diet, trying to cut out sugar, sweets and refined starches most of the time. I dont like cooldrink, so I dont use diet drinks or any other. Mostly drink, tea, coffee and water. So the sweetener in my coffee or tea is basically the only time I use it.

Dear Lila
Most experts agree that artificial sweeteners can be used safely, esp the more 'modern' ones such as Stevia, etc. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Update on artificial sweeteners' to read the 2 articles I published last year about all the aspects of using artificial sweeteners.