Posted by: R | 2012-11-28

Article on weightloss pills

HI Doc, just read your article on weightloss pills, and I am wondering why the people who make these always point to the Chinese? They almost always say Chinese herbs. Is it because the Chinese are egernally small people and that this will attract consumers and make them really believe the stuff is safe?

On a greater scale most products from China are not durable anyway...just saying.

Thanks for another great article, always my reminder to hit the road, or just get my skipping my rope!

Dear R
I don't know if there is a link between the slight build of Chinese people and the tendency that manufacturers of OTC slimming pills so often state that their products contain "Chinese herbs/tea/extracts/etc". Perhaps they are just referring to where they source the herb mixtures? What is scary is that so many of these products contain potentially harmful ingredients or ingredients at levels that can be harmful and that they are undisclosed. If I was compiling a slimming pill, I would not like to discover that there are a number of additional products mixed in with the herbs that the seller has not disclosed to me. Thank you for your kind words and keep up the good work with the exercise.