Question
Posted by: Rensi | 2008/06/26

article about diet pills

ok doc, this freaked me out - please tell me about Xenical pills are they also dangerous, as much as they are not appetite suppresants, i am 29 and I weigh 135 - (am glad no one knows this)!!

Dear Rensi
The diet pills that have been banned are those that contain epinephrine and if you check the label of the Xenical pills then you will see that they do not contain any epinephrine or pseudo-epinephrine or nor-epinephrine. Xenical has a totally different mode of action and as you say, is not an appetite suppressant. Xenical stops you from absorbing fat from the foods you eat so this automatically lowers your energy intake (each gram of fat you don't eat saves you 37 kJ!). You should use Xenical with a very-low-fat diet to get the best results and also start exercising when you have lost some weight. The only aspect of Xenical that needs to be monitored by your dr is that it may interfere with your uptake of fat-soluble vitamins -which are vits A, E, D and K. The dr will prescribe vitamin supplements if this should be necessary. This is one of the reasons why Xenical should be prescribed by a medical dr and its use monitored.
Good luck with the weight loss