Posted by: melanie | 2010-12-21

arthritis related pain

Is there a kind of device I could use for my very painful 2 fingers on my right hand? I use a mouse constantly and the pain becomes unbearable. I take 15mg loxiflam per day as well as a natural joint supplement. I have tried tying them up with elastoplast and even a splint with no success. not much pain when doing other normal chores.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

sounds like the best solution for you would be a functional splint made by an occuptional therapist - they specialise in making splints for hands in the functional position. You should contact such a person in your area and should that not solve your problem you best consult with an orthopedic hand specialist

Posted by: Mariette Dalgleish | 2011-01-29

My daughter 28 is suffering from pain in her finger, ankle and shoulder. She is a graphic designer and uses the mouse all day long. She has been to see a orthopedic suregeon who took xrays and said he could see swelling and nothing else.
sHE is under treatment with a homeopath who has put her on a special diet to rectify the high levels of acid that was present in her body - this has helped her healthoverall but she is still sufering from severe pain. When making a fist with both hands and comparing the two hands'' knuckles the finger in question on her right hand - the ringfinger - looks like the knuckle could be out of place slightly. Please advise -

Reply to Mariette Dalgleish