Question
Posted by: Ziki | 2010/02/07

Arthritis

I' m 25yrs old female, suffering from Arthritis, can you recommend me something that can help me to exercise. Something like DVD that is not expensive. I' m not working!

Hi Ziki

Swimming is a great way to train, as is aqua based cardio like aqua aerobics. I know that may not be the most accessible option, but it's a good one that you might consider trying out.

The other option is cycling - less load on the joints, though again, it requires equipment. You could get away with no equipment, if you did something like taebo, but there are problems there like the impact. I'd be careful about that one. You can still get away with it, just like you could walk and run, but only if you were very careful about it.

My advice, while it involves an initial cost, is to see a biokineticist about it, and have them prescribe some training that you can do - it's always better to start with expertise guiding you, and not to guess. Initial expense, yes, but big saving and benefit later.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/02/11

Hi Ziki

Reply to fitnessdoc