Question
Posted by: stella | 2009/12/14

arthritis

My Oncologist sent me for a Bone Scan suspecting bone cancer. The results were negative but I was told that I have arthritis and that it is one of the side effects of Femara that I am currently taking. Does this mean that I will have this desease for the rest of my life? How can I ease the pain in my joints?

Hallo Stella
Femara can cause osteoporosis (bone thinning)due to the suppressive effect on esterogen as well as joint pain and arthritis. It usually gets better when you stop taking the medication. It may help to take the tablet at night and to use non steroid anti-inflammatory medication like Voltaren or Brufen.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/14

Hallo Stella

Reply to cyberdoc