Question
Posted by: Michielle | 2009-06-29

Arthritis?

I am 40 yrs old. i have pains in my hips. lower back. i constantly have sore muscles (like i have over done exercising) and the skin on my upper legs to my knees feel like they are numb. The muscles in my left thigh are constantly sore like i have over stretched them. This has been going on for about 12 months. i have a small amount of arthritis in my lower back but nothing significant as per my gp. is this possible it is only arthritis?

Dear Michielle
Arthritis causes joint pain, not muscle pain. You may have either a pinched nerve in the lower back causing nerve pain in the legs, or you may have fibromialgia. Ask your GP to refer you to a rheumatologist.