Question
Posted by: Paula | 2008/09/07

Arthritis

I ' m a 47 year old female, recently finished breast cancer treatment and all is clear. Since I finished the chemotherapy (4 months), I have terrible aches and pains in my joints, particularly my hips, knees and feet. Apparantly this is arthritis brought on by the treatment. I have been for physio on my right hip and my right knee is particularly swollen and painful. I am taking flaxseed 3x daily, Osteochoice, applecider 2tsp 3x daily, but nothing seems to help. Is there anything I can do to teat the inflamation and relieve the pain.

Many thanks

Paula

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Paula,
I recommend you see an osteopath for a thorough musculoskeletal assessment and treatment. For more information on osteopathy visit www.osteogoodhealth.com

Omega fish oils are proven to be much more effective than flax seed oil.

Avoid processed foods, sugar and soya.

Take probiotics every day.

Eat a healthy balanced diet wiyh plenty of water.

Eat fresh pineapple frequently. Bromelain, an enzyme found in pineapple, is excellent for reducin inflammation. To be effective, the pineapple must be fresh, as freezing and canning destroy enzymes.

I am reluctant to give further advice as I do not have all your relevant medical history.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath

1
Posted by: Pamela | 2008/09/10

THANKS for Paula' s answer. Very useful to me.
I use Mobic and have lots of pain and stiffness through my body,
dont think I can live with it, but must be thankful. Its worst during night time. Is it also the cold? I cant believe about the Pineapples, thank u very much, I luv it but thought Pines and Apple Cider is not good for me. May I use Apple Cider as well? Will it help with weight loss? Im also diabetic, and use only one tablet per day. Any advice to get rid of fat around the stomach (like a tube that diabetes have)? Sorry for all the quest. Im 55 yrs.

Reply to Pamela