Posted by: John | 2012-02-27

I am 30 year old male, and struggling with pain / stiffness in my hands / fingers. It is especially difficult when writing or holding a spoon - stiring something etc. I also suffer from neck pain that leads to headaches. For this I am using ibucod, but not very happy about this because I know it can''t be good taking so much codeine.
Do you think the stiffness can be arthiritis, and can I make a booking at a specialist or must I be referred by my GP?

It will be best to consult your GP for an examination and possible referral to a specialist. Nerve impinchment in the cervical area can cause your symptoms. A physiotherapist can be very helpful to alleviate neck and shoulder muscle spasm. Other possibilities include carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritic changes in your hand and dystonia. Please do not hesitate to consult your doctor as soon as possible.