Posted by: Esther | 2009-07-16

I have been diagnosed with arrythmia and after 1 year I had the ablation procedure (Nov08), not successful, I must add.
Currently I am on Tambocor 100mg (2/d) Bilocor 5mg (1/2 2/day). I am also on Eltroxin .15mg, since I had my thyroid removed.
Lately things are not going well again and am suffering with anxiety. I can take 10mg Purata when I feel the need, but when I feel the arrythmia and anxiety bad, I can take 25mg Aterax.
Is this all ok to take, not questioning my GP'  s perscription, but seeing the cardiologist can take up to 3months.
I sometimes wonder if it is at all good taking these pills. What is the other alternative?

Dear Esther
Of the two I think the Purata is the safest ( although it is habit forming if you take it regularly)
Aterax can cause a change in heart beat so I would be careful with this. I think it will be useful for you to see a psychologist to teach you some techniques to manage your anxiety with breathing exercises or other techniques.