Posted by: Sick in my head? | 2009-03-26

Aroused by descriptions of pedophilia

I' m a 30 year old married woman. Yesterday there was an episode on Oprah about child molestation and they spoke about the terrible things that pedophiles are doing to young children on the internet.

When Oprah described certain acts of pedophilia to the audience, they were horrified and some even cried. I was also shocked and disgusted but at the same time very sexually aroused.

Why does the description of pedophilic acts arouse me? I' m confused and horrified at myself that something so awful and cruel would arouse me. I have no children of my own but I love children and wouldn' t want to harm them in any way.

What' s wrong with me?

It is not possible to tell from your post if your arousal was in response to the description of sexual acts or if you were aroused by the fact that the description of sexual acts involved children?

The complexity of sexual arousal is too broad to address in this forum. If you continue to be distressed by this I would suggest you consult a therapist to help you explore and unpack this experience and determine its significance.

Posted by: Kelly | 2009-03-27

You have to repost for a reply

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: anon | 2009-03-26

hey sexologist how about a response on this subject .

Reply to anon
Posted by: help | 2009-03-26

yes ive have the same problem except its about descriptions of woman rape ...i for one would never in my wildest dreams hurt a woman but why is there a arousel i also a sick f     . in 1975 i was stabbed trying to stop a man beating a young girl in the street for not wanting to have sex with him ..but yet i ...well i dont understand it...i spoke to a few of my close acquaintance and one of them said he also sometimes get aroused by rape . shown on porn ... .wtf is wrong with us men ..

Reply to help
Posted by: RP | 2009-03-26

I dont think its worth getting bogged down in self-criticism for those feelings. It does not make you a pedophile or anything near. Sex is a complicated thing, and there may be just be something in the fact that its stepping outside boundaries or something.Your ' shock and disgust'  will keep you healthily bounded I am sure. Shit, I once got aroused watching 2 elephants being amorous in Etosha, does that make me into bestiality? (Theres no ways I' m takin on a damn elephant, lol) This is deep seated stuff, but not perverted. Dont worry about it, unless you have urges that you are tempted to put into practise..

Reply to RP