Question
Posted by: Maria | 2010/05/17

Aropax dreams

Hey CS

I tried to wean off the Aropax, got very aggresive and emotional. Now I''m back on 25mg and dealing with sleepiness and nightmares again. I also take Trepiline at night (can''t remember exact dosage now but it''s low.)

It feels as if I''m caught between a rock and a hard place. Is there a way of controlling the dreams? I sometimes feel very disturbed when I wake up in the mornings. Or must I try yet another AD? I''ve been on varying doses of Aropax now for about 15 months, and before that on Cymbalta for what was a terrible year due to side effects and subsequent withdrawal symptoms.

Scratch behind the ears for kitty.

Sounds like you may be unusually sensitive to some of these side-efects, which is unfortunate.
In my experience the bad dreams is a significant side-effect not much spoken about , and perhaps a sign of stimulaton of a part of the brain's functions in an unhelpful way while other parts are being helpful. It seems to arise at times on different ADs and I haven;t noticed a reliable pattern, other than that some people seem to sexperience this severely on one AD, and, fortuately, not on another.
Kitty says thanks - even more apprecited than usual in this wintry weather

1