Posted by: Tango | 2009-09-08

Aropax and postal strikes!

Dear Cs

Thanks for answering my query - post no: 3467. I unfortunately cannot read your response as I cannot open it because I did not put in a subject line. Can anyone help me to open the post?

Eish, another one with this problem ! MONTHS ago I asked them to make the provision of SOMETHING in the sibject line compulsory. And I noticed, if you are indeed working "50 kls" from Pretoria, maybe you swim to work ?

My response was : " Hi Tango,
Sounds like you thrive on challenges. You could well be in a situation in which a chronic depression deserves chronic medication, but you may want to re-consider the delivery means, if it relies on our postal services. I haven't posted a letter in over 10 years --- pity one can't get drug deliveries by e-mail ! Is it the drugs that are sent to you by post, or the prescription ? Because I find that with a pharmacy chain like Clicks, a prescription lodged at ANY branch, can be filled by the patient at any other.
Now, as to whether it would be wuise to use this situation to try the effects of remaining off the medication altogether, as you are otherwise apparently doing well, that's hard to judge without a detailed assessment. One might say that as you are clinically competent and aware, and could notice the onset of more significant depressive symptoms, and could then re-start the medication, maybe it would be doable to try a period off the meds. I can see your argument there, very well. If remaining drug-free includes remaining essentially well and stable ( and the original depressive process might indeed have largely burned-out by now, it might be worth achiving. With the safeguards you mention.