Posted by: Tango | 2009-09-07

Aropax and postal strikes!!!!!

Hello CS - How are you? Do hope well. I am now at another NGO servicing a very large poor area about 50 kls from Pretoria and thoroughly enjoying all the challenges - of which there are so many!

My question for you - please - starts off with a bit of background. I have been on Aropax for about 10 years with only about a years break in between. My initial diagnosis was by a Clinical Psychologist whom I was seeing for chronic reactive depression. I have done well on Aropax and once last year missed it for about a week due to a busy travel schedule. I felt the effects by having an unpleasant dip in mood. (I must admit I was going through a very distressing time at that stage.)
Now, due to the postal strike I have not taken delivery of my Aropax for 3 weeks. I have had the normal sudden withdrawal physical effects which are for me an occasional numbness of my tongue, slight light headedness and weird " swishy"  sound in my head. All these are fleeting and transient. Although working flat out I am in a very good space emotionally at present. My question is - should I just not bite the bullet and keep off and see how it goes? I am very in touch with my body, emotions and mind and will be acutely aware if I really take a bad mood dip and will not hesitate to re commence treatment again. I must admit I have developed an emotional dependence on Aropax. I do not hesitate to go for a few sessions with my Psychologist when the need arises. It would be kind of nice to go drug free. I would value your opinion! Many thanks.

Answered the other time this message was posted.