Question
Posted by: Milla | 2010/02/15

Arms

I have been having exrteme arm pain with numbness from November. Went for an MRI and the report said C5 -6, the annular disc osteophyte bulge indents the anterior aspect of the thecal sac flattening it. Could this affect my arms and what does this mean because my orthopaedic surgeon does not think this is a problem.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

The type of disc lesion you are complaining about could cause pain and numbness in the arms. It would be wise to get the opinion of a neurosugeon to check this out

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

2
Posted by: Brenda Mitchell | 2010/03/21

I get numbness in arms (no pain) from shoulders to handsevery now and again then it goes away happening more frequently

Reply to Brenda Mitchell
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/02/18

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum