Posted by: CB | 2010-07-02

Arm tingling

Dear Doc

About 2 months ago I used to get these sharp quick stabbing pains in my left shoulder blade. Since then it has stopped but for the last 3 weeks I have a numbness in my left arm, it feels like small tremors which dont make my hand shake uncontrollably but I can feel it all the time. My left arm has definatly become weaker than my right and pains if I do too much with it. I had a twitch in my left eye for over a week, now it has reduced but occassionaly comes back. I am going to see my Doc next week but I would like to know if we could narrow it down to things for him to check for.

Thank you kindly

It is most likely due to cervical nerve impinchment, where the nerves that radiates from the cervical spinal cord are inflamed and irritated. This in turn causes referred pain to the shoulder and arm, as well as weakness, parastecia of the effected limb. Your doctor should consider a cervical x-ray and possibly a CT scan of your neck.

Please let me know about the findings.

Posted by: Anon | 2010-07-02

You should definitely see a chiropractor.