Posted by: jenny | 2009-07-23

arm, shoulder, neck pain

i have severe and constant pain in left arm, shoulder, neck. its like a burning sensation in whole arm especially at night, and pins and needles from elbow to fingers. arm feels numb and weak and sometimes even left leg and foot feels numb as if ' asleep'  or ' cramp' .
i' ve seen my gp and neurophysiologist, they think a nerve is clamped in my neck, now awaiting appointment with neurosurgeon, only in sept and mri scan. what do you think it could be?

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

I agree that is sounds lilke a nerve compression in your neck and that you should see a neurosugeon. i am surprprised that you have to wait so long to see the specialist. Here in Cape Town we can usually make a plan to have a patient be seen soon if they are suffering? MRI scan can usually be done within a day or two

Dr Joe de Beer

Posted by: Hyla | 2009-10-16

Hi doc, got more or less the same probl as Jenny' s except dont have the numbness and needles and pins... mine started off in the left shoulder but now even worse - getting into my arm and neck as well. (cant extent my arm or lift it higher than my waist and then also have difficulty moving it to the back) Cld you pse let me know who i can see in Pretoria/jhburg area? Thnkx

Reply to Hyla