Posted by: Piet | 2012-08-28

Arm Pain and weakness

Hi Docter,

I injured my arm and shoulder about 5 months ago, after treatment from my GP with anti inflammatory medicine. When it still wasn''t better after two months he send me for sonar and referred me to an orthopedic specialist. The sonar didn''t show any abnormalities and the specialist said its inflammation of the shoulder joint. He gave me a cortisone injection into the shoulder and send me for physio. My shoulder pain cleared up totally after two days, but even after my alloted physio treatment my tricept is still sore when i use it and i experience a great amount of weakness in the muscle for instance i can''t through a ball or even lift a cup of coffee higher than my shoulder sideways. Will something like this come right over time? or must i go back to the specialist or GP?

In light of the weakness that you are experiencing, I suggest that you reconsult the specialist for an examination. Nerve irritation in your neck and shoulder can be the cause for your pain and discomfort, as well as the weakness. It is important to investigate the cause for your symptoms.

Posted by: ilse | 2012-08-30

Hi doc
iMy right hand side arm iand hand are swollen. sometimes it feels if my arm''s skin want to burst. is it something i need to worry about? ilse

Reply to ilse