Posted by: Kate | 2012-10-08

Arm Pain

I need to see a doctor in C.T but I canot afford to.
My medical aid has been exhausted from a specialist I''ve seen last month regarding this issue, he could not find the problem yet he only checked out 1 option. I have to go back to him again and pay 1K per consultation for him to do another check.

My problem, I have arm pain, numbness, tingling and heaviness in the left arm. My left foot, same issue but worse.
The dr. only focused on my left foot and said the the 2 are not connected. Took MRI of the spine and neck and found nothing.
Said I should come back in a month if it persists although I''ve told him I''ve had it for the past 6months and its only gotten worse.

I''m left totally broke after his consultation and cannot afford to see another Nero specialist. II''ve been told that I''d have to wait 4months to get an appointment at gov. hospital. I''m a 28yr old, what can I do?

Your issue with the medical aid and finances is not an uncommon problem. I do suggest that you get a second opinion from a neurosurgeon but if you can not afford this, you will have to visit your nearest state clinic for a referral to a state neurologist.