Question
Posted by: sam | 2012/04/23

arm pain

Hi, last year August I had an IV in my arm, close to my wrist when I was hospitalized with swine Flu. After I was discharged my arm and hand was swollen and painful for 2 weeks. Now twice in the last two weeks my hand and arm again is painful and swollen and feels like pins and needles that just does not go away for 2 days at a time. What can cause this?

Sam

You most probably had a blood clot that formed inside the vein where the IV was situated. Consult your doctor for an examination and treatment. In the interim, you can use Ibuprofen to alleviate the inflammation and pain.