Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2010-07-05

arm pain

Hi Dr

I suffer with pain from my left shoulder to my elbow more in the centre area, feels like a shooting pain from a nerve in between the muscles. What could this be, I also suffer with upper left neck pain.

Many thanks

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Pain down the arm can be referred from the neck (pinched nerve) or referred from the shoulder itself. If it is the latter the pain is usually made worse by shoulder movements and if from the neck the pain is usually present at rest and intensified by neck movements. An examination will be useful to differentiate the causes and prescribe the correct treatment. If yo have a look at our website (www.shoulderinstitute.co.za ) and then at "Shoulder Pain" you will see some more info on this topic
Regards,
Dr Joe de Beer

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010-07-11

Regards,
Dr Joe de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum