Question
Posted by: Magda | 2011/08/17

arm numbness/pain

Left arm go numb in evenings. If I let it hang down at side of bed, life comes back to arm. Is it because I sleep on my side - the muscles in arm from top to hand now also painful. Will voltaren or medication help?

Magda

The numbness and pain in your left arm is most likely due to pressure on the nerve that supplies your left arm of sensation. I therefore, suggest that you consult a neurologist for an examination, to establish where the pressure on the nerve is situated. Anti-inflammatory medication, like Myprodol, can be taken in the interim.