Question
Posted by: me? | 2009/02/24

Arm feels dead

Hi Dr.

Yesterday my right arm felt deadish, but painful. Today my left arm feels painful. The pain is on the fore arm on the side where one can see the veins. I move the arm around, and well as the fingers. It is like a throbbing pain. It' s not painful that it is unbearable, it is irritating. It feels like when one holds the vein closed for a few seconds. I hope this makes sense. What do yoiu think it could be?

Dear Me?
You may have a nerve root that is compressed in the neck somewhere, due to a slipped disc or slight degeneration of the neck vertebrae. Let your doctor have a look as you may need to have a x/ray taken.