Question
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011/02/23

Area (blood flow) on uterus

Hi there Doctor,

I just came back from the gynae - he did a scan and noticed an area on my uterus that looks like abnormal bloodflow. He says that it could be endometriosis (in the muscle of the uterus), but that I don''t have the symptoms of endometriosis.

I have a regular period  pain on the 1st day (I drink 2 painkillers or so)  no pain during intercourse, no pain when I urinate, no bowel movements pain. However, I get heavy bleeding (with cloths) every 3 or so cycle.
{I am 33 years old, no kids.}

About 7 years ago, I went for a laparoscopy and the gynea then also noticed the same area on my uterus.... (red in colour).

Do you maybe have an idea what it could be? And do you think that it might interfere with my fertility?

Thank you very much,
Bee-Bee

Hallo Bee-Bee
If you have regular menstruations, it is unlikely that this will influence your fertility. It is difficult for me to guess what it could be, it could just be an abnormal blood vessel if it did not look like endometriosis.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/23

Hallo Bee-Bee
dr Bets