Question
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011-02-23

Area (blood flow) on uterus

Hi there Doctor,

I just came back from the gynae - he did a scan and noticed an area on my uterus that looks like abnormal bloodflow. He says that it could be endometriosis (in the muscle of the uterus), but that I don''t have the symptoms of endometriosis.

I have a regular period  pain on the 1st day (I drink 2 painkillers or so)  no pain during intercourse, no pain when I urinate, no bowel movements pain. However, I get heavy bleeding (with cloths) every 3 or so cycle.
{I am 33 years old, no kids.}

About 7 years ago, I went for a laparoscopy and the gynea then also noticed the same area on my uterus.... (red in colour).

Do you maybe have an idea what it could be? And do you think that it might interfere with my fertility?

Thank you very much,
Bee-Bee

If you had a laparoscopy, then the best peson to ask what this is is the doctor who saw the problem.

3
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011-02-24

My apologies, Doctor.... me again.

The area also did not look thicker than the rest of the uterus... in fact: it looked a tiny bit thinner.

Reply to Bee-Bee
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-02-24

Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011-02-23

I just want to add that my uterus is not enlarged in any way... apparently it looks like a healthy uterus, expect for the area with concentration bloo flow.

Thank you.

Reply to Bee-Bee