Question
Posted by: Romany | 2011/05/04

Are you a human if you rape ?

Dear CS
I just read the story on News24 about the mother and daughter that was raped at 3H00 this morning in their home in Benoni.

I will truly appreciate your opinion and " diagnosis"  on " people"  that rape. And I use the word " people"  only for lack of knowing what they actually are.

I find rape an act that I do not even think an animal is capable of and the anger it awakens in me towards these raw, sick, disgusting creatures scares me.

I know this a subject that you could probably write a book or two on, but please can you try to explain why?

Are these " things"  that rape people or are they simply sick disgusting freaks, hiding in human bodies?

Sadly, of course, rapists are human. All humans are capable of ugly and violent acts, some are more capable than others, but all are responsible for controlling such possibilities and not acting on them.

Its really rare for anyone with a recognisable and relevant mental illness ro rape or commit acts of violence. The most likely diagnosis if an assessment were to be carried out, is an Antisocial Personality Disorder, which is a description rather than an excuse.

When you think of rapists as somehow sub-human, this is an expression of how revolted you are by their behavior. But it gets unpleasantly close to the psychopath's view of the rest of us as less human, or less relevantly so, to them, so our suffering is less significant to them if at all.

One thing that is certain, is that Mr Vavi (gosh but how the politicians here seem to be so keen to make lofty announcements as if they were shrinks!) is utterly wrong when, according to another news story, he insists that : " Colonialism, apartheid and international mining houses created serial killers and rapists, Cosatu general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi says."

If so, how does he explain the rapes and killings in countries which have been neither colonised nor possess mines ?

5
Posted by: Phil | 2011/05/04

Well put Romany  how stupid can you actually be to insult yourself so badly in public.

Reply to Phil
Posted by: Romany | 2011/05/04

I look at my Labrador that had 9 puppies recently. I see how she eats and drinks and " goes to the toilet"  in a rushed panic to get back to her babies asap. I see how she bares her teeth to whoever attempts to come close to them and I wonder.....

So often we call rapists and such " animals" . How terribly wrong are we. Never should an animal be disrespected in such a way.

CS says (I quote) " When you think of rapists as somehow sub-human, this is an expression of how revolted you are by their behavior. " 

Am I then unique in feeling like this? Why does our rulers and our government NOT SEE that thse " things" should either hang from their necks until they are dead or that their genitals should be removed surgically (Humanely if you wish, but not necesarily), so that they may never rape again?

Do they not realise that they will earn respect if the remove this rubbish from society?

Can you blame people for taking the law in their own hands?
How bloody stupid, uneducated, sick, demented and uneducated must you be to blame " Colonialism, apartheid and international mining houses "  for RAPING A PERSON?

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Chris758 | 2011/05/04

XXX to answer your question " where will it all end?"  I can answer in saying we are in Africa and where does it all end? In a war!! Bottom line!!

Reply to Chris758
Posted by: XXX | 2011/05/04

The unfortunate thing is that they are human but whether we want to call them that is something else !
It is barbaric to say the least.I always say that rapists are " fortunate"  that I am not a magistrate or judge as I would give them the harshest penalty the law permits-I would ensure that the keys are lost and they are thrown in with the most hardened criminals that are looking for a " wife" 
It is NOT an apartheid thing/working on the mines thing (as mentioned elsewhere on News24),it is up to every individual to know what is right and wrong.
Maybe cutting off a certain part of their anatomy is the solution .....
Our children cannot even play outside of their gardens these days,cyclists cannot cycle without the possibility of being mugged etc etc ,where will it all end !

Reply to XXX