Posted by: Leigh | 2009-03-08

Are Shapes for Women Any good????

Can anyone tell me weather Shapes for Women gyms are any good! I am interested in joining up with them, I am 25 and need to lose about 20 kg' s. I see there routine consists of 30 minute sessions-this seems to little to me???

Would love to know if anyone has had a positive experience there?? Can you lose significant weight by joining with them??

HI Leigh

It's not bad. I wouldn't want to evaluate it against any other programme, because i haven't actually done it. The principles are sound though, if a little on the light side. So you're right, the duration is relatively short and the type of training they do is also pretty light on intensity. That's not a bad thing, it just depends on where you are and what you're able to do.

If you're starting out and have been inactive for a long time, then you should see Shapes as a really good way to get started, because of it's design. It's a great lead-in to what will hopefully become a much longer term programme for you in the future. But if you're relatively fit, then you might well become frustrated on it.

But it all depends on you - remember, all these programmes are just tools, they don't cause the weight loss, you do, by making sure you train regularly. If Shapes helps, go for it, but there are other options too.