Question
Posted by: A | 2008-12-04

Are oral contraceptives sufficient?

I would like to know if oral contraceptives are a sufficient form of contraception.
My boyfriend is highly paranoid that I may fall pregnant, and wants to use an extra form of contraception (like spermacide) even though I have assured him that Triphasil is fine. I have been using Triphasil for 8 years already.
Please advise me so that I can set HIS mind at ease, as he doesn' t trust my judgement...

The pill is a very effective method of birth control, assuming full compliace (taking the pill everyday) you do not need to use a condom. If you do fear falling pregnant (ie forgetting to take your pill), please speak to your gynae / doctor for other methods of contraception. Maybe better, ask your boyfriend to join you in the doctor's room so that the doctor can confirm the use of the pill as a form of contraceptive

1
Posted by: b | 2008-12-06

Well basically all birth controls are 99.99% effective when a man ejaculates inside of a woman.
So, if it will ease his mind, simply tell him to withdraw from you when he' s ready to cum. If he shoots it outside of you then about 99.99% of his sperm won' t even be inside of you. Therefore, making the birth control even more effective.

Reply to b