Posted by: Amy | 2008-12-04

Are Oral contraceptives enough?

I would like to know if oral contraceptives are a sufficient form of contraception.
My boyfriend is highly paranoid that I may fall pregnant, and wants to use an extra form of contraception (like spermacide) even though I have assured him that Triphasil is fine. I have been using Triphasil for 8 years already.
Please advise me so that I can set his mind at ease.

Dear Amy
If you take it regularly it is very effective, but your boyfriend may feel that he has no control over the contraception and wants to use something extra, which is fine, he won't enjoy sex if he worries about a pregnancy all the time, does it really matter if he wants to use a spermacide too?