Question
Posted by: Petta | 2011-03-02

Are my tubes blocked?

I struggled to fall pregnant for 4 yeas until i changed partners and fell pregnant but miscarried at 4 months. Now, after a year i have been struggling to concieve again. I was diagnosed with fibroids and they have been removed. I am still healing before i try again. I need to go for the fallopian tubes test. Is it possible that my tubes are blocked? if yes, How was it possible that i concieved?

Dear Petta

It is possible that your fallopian tubes can get blocked after a successful pregnancy a year prior to that. This can occur if an infection has occurred during that period of time and damaged the fallopian tube or the surgery that has been performed for removal of fibroids may have caused adhesions or some damage to the fallopian tubes. So the best way is to at least go for an HSG and that will then tell you if your fallopian tubes are blocked or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-03-09

Dear Petta

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert