Question
Posted by: Ntombi | 2012/07/12

Are My results Normal???

Good Day Dr
Can you please Advice me on which step to take,My husband and i have been trying to have a baby for the past 8years now. we have had miscarriages twice on 12 weeks period on both, in the past 4 years. I have had an Left Ovarian Cyst that was Drained using Laporoscopy. November Last year i have done the following tests Ordered by my Gynae. Insulin (Fasting) Result:7.0 uU/mL, S-TSH = 1.96 uIU/mL, S-FT4 = 11.9 pmol/L, S-FSH 1.7 U/L, S-LUTROPIN(LH) 4.0 U/L &  S-PROLACTIN = 27.2, i do not have any idea what these results mean. So Your Advice on what i should do next please.

Dear ntombi
The problem may not be related to your ovarian response as your blood results are normal, however, there may be other reasons or your problem of miscarriages as well as failure to conceive and I would suggest that you have a full and thorough investigation of the other factors. These include a full autoimmune screen as well as an evaluation of your anti phospholipids and protein levels. In addition a good and thorough investigation of your uterus (womb) will be valuable and occasionally uterine defects may be significant in causing repeated miscarriages would suggest perhaps you do consider invitro fertilization (IVF) at this stage , under the supervision of a fertility specialist who is also skilled at managing repeated miscarriages.

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012/07/24

Dear ntombi

Reply to Fertility Expert