Question
Posted by: Ntombi | 2012-07-06

Are my results Normal?

Good Day Dr
Can you please Advice me on which step to take,My husband and i have been trying to have a baby for the past 8years now. we have had miscarriages twice on 12 weeks period on both, in the past 4 years. I have had an Left Ovarian Cyst that was Drained using Laporoscopy. November Last year i have done the following tests Ordered by my Gynae. Insulin (Fasting) Result:7.0 uU/mL, S-TSH = 1.96 uIU/mL, S-FT4 = 11.9 pmol/L, S-FSH 1.7 U/L, S-LUTROPIN(LH) 4.0 U/L &  S-PROLACTIN = 27.2, i do not have any idea what these results mean. So Your Advice on what i should do next please.

Your results are essentialy normal, though you should check the reference range for prolactin of the lab you went to. Results need to be interpreted in the context of the clinical picture, so I would suggest that you discuss this with your gynaecologist.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-07-13