Posted by: Neli G | 2009-10-27

Are Day2 results final - endo management with infertility

Dear Doctor

AMH = 0.18
TSH = 1.91
FT4 = 12.8
E2 = 88
SSH = 22
LH = 6.9

I understand your response regarding my results above that the laparoscopy would be to increase chances of carrying the pregnancy with a " egg donor"  as my FS said. Many thanks for validating this, second opinion is always good. My question now is, does these results mean my condition is irreversable? Can it happen that in some months these results would be better. I am 34yrs, stage 3/4 endometriosis with regular periods. Since I am not prepared for donor eggs meaning no pregnancy - what would be best in controling my endometriosis and hormonal balance?

Dear Neli G

The results that you have given which revealed evidence of premature ovarian failure do not necessarily mean that it is irreversible. There are many examples in the literature and as well in our practice where FSH levels have been high in young women and after a few years has reverted spontaneously back to normal and patients have fallen pregnant. In terms of the best treatment for endometriosis would be to excise as much endometriosis as is possible with a follow up with drugs such as a GnRH analogue for a period of about 6 months to try and keep the endometriosis from reoccurring very soon again. In addition check your FSH and LH levels every 6 months to see if there is some ovarian function returning to normal or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Neli G | 2009-10-28

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I will check your posts. Sometimes the results can be devasting yet somehow nature has its way. I was fortunate to conceive without any intervention and my daughter is now 5years after the gynaes had given up on me. Well I am trying again and hoping God will provide if He sees us ready.

Thank you so much

Reply to Neli G
Posted by: Insaaf | 2009-10-28

Hi Neli G,

I understand your feelings as I had a similar problem-high FSH, but also blocked fallopian tubes.

My FSH was 16.9 and the FS refused to do IVF as he said the response would be poor. Becauuse of the blocked tubes, natural pregnancy would be out of the question.

To cut a long story short, I decided to try alternative medicine treatment to get my FSH down. After just 6 weeks, my FSH (2 days ago tests) reading came right down to 4.5!!!
My LH was also in the normal range (3.9) and estrogen was 87.
I am continuing treatment for another month (to increase estrogen over 100), and then see FS again.

So please don' t give up (you can see my other posts on reflexology therapist)

Best of luck

Reply to Insaaf