Question
Posted by: Slippers | 2012/02/01

Are any of these to be concerned about while pregnant?

Hello Doc

I am almost 25 weeks pregnant and just wanted to check in with the symptoms I''ve been having recently to make sure there is no cause for concern.

During the night when I wake up, my hands are so swollen and painful that I am unable to make a fist with them, or get them near to being closed. By morning this has lessened and I only have tingling feelings left mixed with pain, which lasts thoughout the day.
My feet and ankles are very swollen.

I am also suffering from constipation, which I ve never experienced before. I''ve tried eating fruit, prunes, weetbix (all daily) and have also tried a single dose of Senokot - nothing seems to work, which results in terrible cramping.

My stomach over my belly button region is also exceptionally sore, and feels as though my muscles are tearing.

Is there anything I should be concerned about?

Thank you in advance.

The constipation is part of pregnancy. Take Senokot if you need to. Swollen hands and feet can be normal too.You just need to check your blood pressure regularly.

2

Posted by: Slippers | 2012/02/06

I just want to add here that I also leak fluid every day from my vagina - not a thick discharge, but more like water that leaks out all day everyday.

Thank you again.

Reply to Slippers