Question
Posted by: mommy | 2010/09/06

Aptitude test results

My 13 year old daughter has just done an aptitude test to see where she is academically.Her verbal ability,reasoning,long term memory are all very high (7.5/9   8.5/9) but her visual-spatial ability is 1.5 - 2.5/9 - which can pose maths problems in the senior years.At the moment she is doing very well (a strong 70%) in maths and well generally at school.Obviously these low scores are cause for concern.

What are the chances of this playing out as prdicted,or do they mature/chane as they get older and these results (god or bad) chane?Or is it " cast in stone" ?

Any ideas,comments or advice would be welcome.Thanks

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

My question is what type of assessment was this and what type of profesional completed it?

If this was part of a psychoeducational assessment completed by an educational psychologist, they will be able to tell you how things may develop or progress as they are the ones to have completed the specialist assessment.

They will also be able to advise you on any remedial measures recommended, e.g. extra tuition.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010/09/08

Hi there,

Reply to Teen expert