Posted by: Jan | 2009-09-10

appt. with orthopedic surgeon

I was dx with arthritis of both knees...four years ago. I was told I was walking bone on bone. I been doing the exercises Rx by phyical therapist, take Glucosamin/chondroitin/MSM tablets daily, but take only Tylenol occasionally since I have chronic kidney disease and was told not to overdo the pain meds. Last month for 3 1/2 weeks I was in a great deal of pain so decided to make an appt. with my orthopedic surgeon for a reevalution of my knees. The appt. was set for Oct. 2 . The other day the receptionist called to reschedule the appt for Sept 16. While I still have pain, now the pain isn' t as bad as it had been. I hope the doctor won' t be upset that I' m taking up his time. What should I do?

Hallo Jan
See the doctor anyway - it will be good to have a re-evaluation of the joints and to see whether you can continue doing what you are doing or if you need knee replacement.